The Stormwater Operations Branch (SWOB) oversees the daily performance of Houston’s critical drainage infrastructure delivering results through maintenance and rehabilitation projects in a timely and cost-effective manner for the community. The Branch provides planning, engineering & project management support services. Infrastructure supported includes storm sewer systems, roadside & off-road ditches, detention basins and stormwater pump stations. Stormwater Operations leads the implementation of green infrastructure in the City’s right-of-way and other sustainable & resilient practices in alignment with Resilient Houston and the Climate Action Plan. The community can report drainage related problems at the City’s 311 Help Line.
- Stay informed About Improvement Projects: Houston Public Works
- Multi-Use Pak Facilities – A Guide to Applying Drainage Mitigation in Parks
- How Can the Community Help Maintaining the City’s Drainage Infrastructure?
- Adopt A Drain Program – residents can help prevent flooding and save taxpayer’s dollars by keeping our neighborhood storm drains clean! www.houstonadoptadrain.org
- 5 Things to Know about Roadside Ditches (English, Spanish)
- City of Houston GIS Portal (asset, project data, reference data):
- Resilient Houston and Climate Action Plan
- Roadside Ditch Re-establishment Program